Outdoor Adventure & Education Centre build continues at pace

9 February 2022

Miss Clare Brazier, Development Manager

Woldingham’s Outdoor Adventure & Education Centre has progressed in leaps and bounds in recent weeks with the installation of the zip wire and platforms for the ropes courses well underway. The welcome hut and training base was constructed over the Christmas break, along with other preparation work, and the base is nearly ready for the outdoor classroom. Excitement is building as the centre takes shape, with both students and staff eagerly awaiting its launch at the start of next term.

The project is evolving as the build progresses and we are thrilled we can have an additional three learning platforms, bringing the total number to 10. These will provide an excellent educational space for students, set high amongst the trees and the natural beauty that surrounds Woldingham.

The construction of the new centre is being supported by the Woldingham community, with generous donations from both parents and alumnae, for which we are extremely grateful. All those who have contributed will be invited to the launch party and their support will be recognised with their name on a tree or other element. There are still plenty of trees available to name, as well as the opportunity to make a donation for one of the new classroom platforms or hanging camp hammock tents, so please do offer your support here.  We hope to see as many names as possible throughout the wood, in recognition of the school’s 75th anniversary at Marden Park and the wonderfully supportive Woldingham community. 

Back to news