Celebration of 75 years at Marden Park raises funds for new Outdoor Adventure and Education Centre

3 December 2021

Miss Clare Brazier, Development Manager

The low temperature on the evening of Friday 26 November didn’t deter guests from donning their best post-war outfits and stepping back in time to 1946 to raise funds for Woldingham’s Outdoor Adventure and Education Centre and celebrate the 75th anniversary of the school moving to Marden Park.

A fantastic evening began with some lovely singing by students Joyce and Kate while guests enjoyed a glass of fizz in Mater Hall before moving through to the Wilson Room for a 1940s-inspired dinner, served by our wonderful Lower Sixth volunteers.

Woldingham’s Senior Glee Club surprised guests with a vintage-style dance routine to Sing, Sing, Sing before Mr Hargreaves and his band entertained everyone for the rest of the evening with some 1940s classics. Guests danced the night away as our compère, Mr Kellaway, encouraged bidding on the auction and the purchase of Woldingham candles for the raffle.

We were delighted that Woldingham alumna Monica Gerard-Sharp, our sponsor for the new centre, was able to fly over from America, with her daughter Dominica, to join us for the night. Guests were inspired as Monica shared memories of her school days and the impact her time at Woldingham had on both her and her contemporaries.

The auction and raffle raised more than £20,000. Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. The groundworks start next week and we look forward to seeing the finished Outdoor Adventure and Education Centre in spring 2022.

Back to news

Gallery