Woldingham community shows generosity during Giving Week

10 December 2020

Mrs Camilla Mair, Development Manager

We are hugely grateful to all those involved in our fantastic I Love Woldingham Giving Week, from 1-8 December. What an amazing community achievement. We received hundreds of personal donations, large and small, more than 90 people took part in our virtual quiz, there were 12 separate fundraising initiatives, a Double Donations Day, and wonderful participation from the whole Woldingham community. 

The total amount of donations received during Giving Week was £33,405, which equates to more than one year’s bursary. Special mentions must go to sisters Teni, Year 11, and Onome, Year 9, who ran 5k, Year 8s Annabelle and Anna who recorded themselves not laughing for five minutes, Mrs Nickie Whitehead for hosting a coffee morning for Year 7 parents, Alumnae Officer Mrs Katie Hogben for her Christmas crafts, Assistant Housemistress Miss Jaqs Graham for organising the Marden fundraising activities, and all the parents, alumnae and staff who participated in our fabulously fun virtual quiz night on 3 December. 

We are so grateful to all those who took part, showed their support and made a donation. Your contribution will help to change lives and offer future generations of students access to a first class Woldingham education. Thank you.

To hear from Woldingham alumnae and their families about the positive impact of a busary, click here.

Back to news