Going the extra mile

Going the extra mile

10 December 2020

Mrs Christianne James, Transport Manager

We are so lucky to have a fantastic team of school drivers. Anne, Ash, Chris, Ed, Ian, Graham, Malcolm, Michelle, Paul, Richard and Steve look after our very efficient station shuttle service and our daily minibus routes to Reigate/Redhill, Outwood/Nutfield, Keston/Hayes, Purley, Edenbridge, Sevenoaks and Banstead.

Between them they transport around 300 students on week days and get to know many of them well. Deputy Head Girl Sofia has been travelling to school by minibus since Year 7. She says, “This is my seventh year on the Woldingham bus and I’ll be very sad to leave behind these daily journeys. From ‘bus chocolates’ on a Friday, getting dropped off right outside my door each day, and the Christmas-decorated bus, my driver - Richard - has been wonderful.”

Our drivers also provide some of our weekend transport, such as for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award practice expeditions earlier this term, and most recently took some of our boarders to nearby Oxted for a shopping trip and others to Wakehurst Place in Sussex to enjoy an enchanting lantern trail. As usual, in the run up to Christmas students have enjoyed a festive look to our minibuses, complete with fairy lights, fake snow and more! 

Whatever the challenge, the team always rises to it including, of course, ensuring that our transport arrangements are COVID-safe.

If you have any queries about Woldingham transport please do email me on transport@woldinghamschool.co.uk.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a happy Christmas from all of us in the transport team.

Back to news