Next Steps discussion informs Upper Sixth Parents

11 November 2020

Mrs Camilla Mair, Development Manager

Around 40 Upper Sixth parents joined us virtually for the Next Steps panel event on Tuesday 10 November.  Dr Whitehead introduced the session and offered his support and encouragement to both parents and students in this important and particularly challenging year. 

A staff panel comprising Head of Sixth Form Mr Phil Abbott, Head of Higher Education & Careers Mrs Bodil Chambers and Mrs Aly Mason, Upper Sixth Housemistress, answered a plethora of questions from parents about public exams, university applications and offers, results day, contingency plans, exam stress, mental health and much more. Dr Whitehead also answered live questions via the Zoom chat function throughout the session. 

This insightful and informative session was well received by parents. Many thanks to the panellists for sharing their knowledge and expertise and helping put minds at rest. 

Dr Whitehead closed the evening by highlighting success stories of recent leavers, in particular those who were supported by the school with a bursary who are doing so well at university and in their chosen careers, from medicine to opera singing.  Dr Whitehead invited leaving families to consider making a gift of their deposit (or a percentage of it) to support the bursary programme so that the next generation of students following in their daughter’s footsteps can also  benefit from a first-rate Woldingham education. For more information, please contact development@woldinghamschool.co.uk or follow this link.

Back to news