Privacy Summary – Students
A PDF version of this Privacy Notice Summary for Students can be downloaded here.
This summary notice contains the key information about how and why we collect your personal information and what we do that information. The full version of the Privacy Notice is on the school website.
Personal information is information that identifies you and relates to you. For example, information about how well you are doing at School and any information that we need to take care of you. Photographs and videos of you also count as your personal information.
Our primary reason for using your personal information is to provide you with an education. We set out below examples of the different ways in which we use your personal information and where that personal information comes from.
- Admissions forms give us lots of personal information. We get information from you, your parents, your teachers and other students. Your old school also gives us information about you so that we can teach and care for you.
- Sometimes we get information from your doctors and other professionals where we need this to look after you.
- We will need to report some of your information to the government. For example, we will need to tell the local authority that you attend the school or let them know if we have any concerns about your welfare.
- We will share your academic and your behaviour records with your parents or guardian so they can support your schooling.
- If you leave Woldingham we may share some of your information with your new school.
- We may share information about you with companies who help us arrange trips and transport to make sure you are looked after when travelling.
- We may use photographs or videos of you for the school’s website and social media sites or prospectus to show prospective students what we do here and to advertise the school. We may continue to use these photographs and videos after you have left the school. Sometimes we use photographs and videos for teaching purposes, for example, to record a PE or drama lesson.
- We may use photographs of you either on your own or as part of a group, together with your first name, in our regular Newsletter which is sent to your parents. A compilation of highlights from the year may also be included in the school’s annual magazine.
- We publish our public exam results, sports fixtures and other news on the website and put articles and photographs in the news to tell people about what we have been doing.
- We will send you information to keep you up to date with what is happening at the school. For example, by sending you information about events and activities taking place (including fundraising events) and the school newsletter. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please speak to your form tutor. Alternatively, you can speak to your parents who will talk to us on your behalf.
Updated: May 18