Privacy Summary – Staff
A PDF version of this Privacy Notice Summary for Staff can be downloaded here.
This summary notice contains the key information about how and why we collect your personal information and what we do that information. The full version of the Privacy Notice is on the school website.
Personal information is information that identifies you and relates to you. For example, information about your education, your employment history, medical information and any other information that we need to manage our relationship with you effectively and lawfully.
Our primary reason for using your personal information is to provide you with employment and to comply with any legal requirements whilst pursuing the legitimate interests of the school. We set out below examples of the different ways in which we use your personal information and where that personal information comes from.
- The application form and your CV give us lots of personal information. We also collect information from you, your previous employers and referees. We also receive information about you during the safeguarding and background checks required to work in education.
- Sometimes we get information from your doctors and other professionals where we need this to confirm your suitability for the role.
- We get information about your bank to enable us to pay your salary.
- During your employment details are collected relating to performance, achievements and personal development (e.g. training courses).
- If you leave Woldingham School, we may share some of your information with your potential new employers in the form of a written or verbal reference.
- We may share information about you with companies who help us arrange employee benefits such as pensions and insurances.
- We collect information about your next of kin for use in the event of an emergency and details of vehicle use to help manage the safety of the school site.
- CCTV and Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems are in use across the school site to ensure the safety of students, staff and visitors. These systems will capture and store images of you and details of your vehicle.
- Photographs or videos are used for the school’s website, social media and school publications to show prospective students what we do here and to advertise the school. In the normal course of your duties your image may appear in these. We may continue to use these photographs and videos after you have left the school.
- We will send you information to keep you up to date with what is happening at the school. For example, by sending you information about events and activities taking place (including fundraising events) and the school newsletter. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please speak to your line manager. Alternatively, you can speak to the Privacy Officer (contact details in the Privacy Notice on the school website).
Reviewed: August 2019