Privacy Summary – Parents
A PDF version of this Privacy Notice Summary for Parents can be downloaded here.
This summary notice contains the key information about how and why we collect your personal information and what we do that information. The full version of the Privacy Notice is on the school website.
Personal information is information that identifies you and relates to you. For example, information about how to contact you and financial details.
Our primary reason for using your personal information is to fulfil our legal obligations and duties under the contract to provide your children with an education. We set out below examples of the different ways in which we use your personal information and where that personal information comes from.
- Admissions forms give us lots of personal information. We get information from you about you and your daughter(s). This is to ensure prospective students are suitable and eligible to join the school and for us to process your application, admission to the school and then on-going management of the contract. This may include nationality and other sensitive information if a visa is required.
- We collect your financial information to allow us to collect the school fees.
- We may share your information to manage relationships with alumnae and the wider school community. This can include direct marketing, fund raising activity and careers support (such as requesting speakers at Careers events).
- CCTV and Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems are in use across the school site to ensure the safety of students, staff and visitors. These systems will capture and store images of you and details of your vehicle.
- Sometimes we get information from third parties or may gather information from publicly available sources for the purposes of donor due diligence, confirming identity and interests of prospective donors. This information allows us to focus conversations about fund raising and volunteering to give the best possible experience to our donors and potential donors.
- We may share information about you with companies who help us arrange trips and transport to make sure you are kept informed when your daughter is travelling with us.
We will send you information to keep you up to date with what is happening at the school. For example, by sending you information about events and activities taking place (including fundraising events) and the school newsletter. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details in the Privacy Notice on the school website).
Reviewed: August 2019