The Sixth Form at Woldingham is a time for girls to develop their passions and interests, and to challenge themselves as young adults as they approach the next important phase of their lives.
Following widespread curriculum reform throughout the UK, as of September 2016, Woldingham girls will have the choice of following three or four A Levels. The majority of A Levels will follow the new reformed linear approach. This will mean that all external examinations are taken at the end of the Upper Sixth when girls will be tested on their knowledge acquired over the previous two years.
Should a student choose to take three A Levels they will also follow an additional curriculum which may include an Extended Project Qualification, a sports leadership award, an entrepreneurship programme or an online university course.
All girls are offered:
- a broad and challenging array of twenty six different A Level courses including Economics, Psychology, History of Art, Government and Politics, Classical Civilisation, Business Studies and Media Studies as well as all the traditional ‘facilitating’ subjects
- small size tutorial-style classes
- individualised UCAS & Careers support, including an extensive Oxbridge and USA Universities programme
- consistently excellent examination results
- an academically-centred tutoring system for maximum support
- the Sixth Form Cultural Society, including debating, cinema, literature and many other pursuits outside of the classroom environment