The Sixth Form at Woldingham is a time for girls to develop their passions and interests, and to challenge themselves as young adults as they approach the next important phase of their lives.
The majority of Sixth Form students choose to follow three linear A Levels, taking all formal examinations at the end of the Upper Sixth. A small number of girls will take four subjects at A Level. Should you choose to take three A Levels then you will also be asked to make a choice from our ‘additional curriculum’ provision. We offer girls the
opportunity to take one of the following choices: Extended Project Qualification; Level 3 Certificate in Higher Sports Leadership; Certificate in Financial Studies; or pursue a range of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses). Details of all these options are in the Sixth Form Course Information, which can be downloaded below.
All girls are offered:
- a broad and challenging array of twenty seven different A Level courses including Economics, Psychology, History of Art, Government and Politics, Classical Civilisation, Business Studies and Media Studies as well as all the traditional ‘facilitating’ subjects
- small size tutorial-style classes
- individualised UCAS & Careers support, including an extensive Oxbridge and USA Universities programme
- consistently excellent examination results
- an academically-centred tutoring system for maximum support
- the Sixth Form Cultural Society, including debating, cinema, literature and many other pursuits outside of the classroom environment